Jogging & Running Motivation
Sticking to anything nowadays is presenting itself to be quite a mundanely difficult task. The credit should be given evidently to the increasing demands of both our personal and professional lives. Its hard enough doing things that are quite demanding, then focusing on us becomes one of our low-level objectives. However, if one sees potential in something and finds in it also something that reaps benefits for them not only for themselves in the present but also in the long-term, they are more inclined in pursuing it. With prices sky-rocketing, people are increasingly seen to try and cut down their expenses. Hitting the gyms now isn’t the alarmingly widely chosen option; people are trying to spend less on commuting and other expenses. So, here’s where the completely costless exercise of jogging comes in.
For those, that turn to this individual sport as beginners are strongly advised to not do so without a proper warm up routine or else they run the risk of over-exertion. Beginners are more prone towards falling out of a regime as the painful changes their bodies undergo aren’t very motivating. To sustain a jogging habit, maintaining. However, listed below are easy motivational tips to beat exactly that, beginner jogger’s excuses:-
- Keep a notebook and keep track of your running times and days, you can include notes about each day’s run. This would act as a motivation by seeing your performance before you in black and white.
- Find a mantra that you could repeatedly say in your mind. It could act as your inner motivation in times where you might be very tired and it could bring you up as a reminder of your goal.
- Rewarding yourself is an important motivational factor, it will help you continue toward a goal. Treat yourself to a nice massage or get some new running shoes or other running gear. These small treats will reinforce the commitment to your training.
- If your schedule for a particular day doesn’t allow you to devote your previously intended time to your jog, don’t cancel your entire jog, Find ways to fit a few minutes in your day so that you could not lose touch with the exercise. Sneak a partial jog or run into your day, it will make you feel motivated and happy that you didn’t miss a day. Cut yourself some slack and don’t push yourself, you have your good and bad days!
- Monitor your health on a weekly basis to ensure that the jog has its desired effects on you, in this way you can stay focused and determined once you see the results in your health. Carry an I-Pod along and the necessary refreshments and be sure to look around you and enjoy what you see!